Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Oh Puppy!

My puppy was naughty while we were gone on vacation. He really loves us. He really wants to spend every waking minute with us. We went away. He was mad.

My parents so generously offered to watch our puppy, and we felt so happy. We were glad that he would not have to spend a whole week in a kennel, but, rather, receive attention from two retired grandparents who are loving and kind.

He spent the week terrorizing them. He barked and howled. He sat on the furniture, which he is NOT allowed to do, with a defiant attitude. He peed on the floor. He ate a blanket. He ate a raincoat. He pooped in his crate. He tore his crate apart from within and escaped. After he ate a bird. A baby bird that was born in a nest in our backyard. A sweet little bird that we watched hatch and grow. We watched its mother feed it, and we watched it grow feathers. We watched it begin to learn to fly. Eaten. By my naughty puppy.




But when we drove into the driveway, Drake jumped out of our moving Jeep to run and tackle the naughty puppy. They wrestled and hugged, and Arrow licked Drake's face a thousand zillion times. If his tail had wagged any faster, it would have broken the sound barrier. Then he loved all over the rest of us.


Each time I drive into my driveway, I see this naughty puppy hanging his head over the side of the deck in anticipation of my return. As soon as he sees me he begins howling. He howls until I hug his neck. I love that stupid, naughty puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment