Sunday, August 14, 2011

A NEW CAR!!

Let's face it - some people are complete dorks. But, this is not about them. This is about people who make me proud to be a part of the human race.

This week, someone called my husband and said, "You know how your sister has a family of six but an unsafe, rust bucket of a car that will only fit five? Well, I want to buy her a nice minivan, but I don't want her to know that it was me." Thus began the event in which we were able to bring a sparkling, clean minivan to our house and deliver the good news to Mike's sister, Lori.

It was one of the most fun and exciting things I've ever been a part of, and I am honored that I was able to be involved. Watching someone who works hard and is in desperate need recieve something they could not possibly buy for themselves is humbling and touching. I couldn't be more excited for Lori and her family.

And people who bless others like this make me hopeful that love is still the most powerful force on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment