Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Text Dangers

I am not above sending flirty text messages to my husband. He likes it. I have learned, though, that it is imperative when engaging in this activity to delete the racier messages before the children decide to read them. I don't want to talk about it.

Although Mike was gone long before I woke up yesterday, my first thoughts of the day were of him because I had slept in his shirt, and it smelled like his cologne. I texted him a sweet message saying, "I smell like you." It seemed innocent enough, so I didn't bother deleting it. 

Mike is a contractor, so many of our texts are about plumbing, renovation, lumber, or other such exciting subjects.

The problem with deleting some conversations, is that the order of texts left on the phone can cause a very confusing, and even alarming sequence, of sentences.

I have only recently become aware of this problem. Makenna shoved my phone at me and said, "You and Dad are weird."

Confused, because, clearly, we are very normal, I scrolled through my recent texts to see if I could identify the problem.

Me: Where are you?
Mike: On top of the old toilet.
Me: I smell like you.
Mike: You're sweet.

Makenna might have a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment