Saturday, May 21, 2011

Losing

My poor nephew, Garrison, has three sisters. My boys consider that to be a fate worse than extreme torture.

Every year my husband takes my two boys on a trip near Canada to camp, fish, and moon each other. It's important. This year they invited Garrison and his dad to go along. Garrison couldn't have been happier if you had told him that one day he would rule the world.

But, then a major problem came along and crushed Garrison's dream. His baseball team is scheduled to play in a tournament that weekend. No camping, no fishing, no mooning. All because of baseball.

But, Garrison has figured out a way around all of this.

"I'm gonna play my best and give it my all, but you need to pray that my team really sucks and we lose most of our games. Then we won't go to the tournament!"

Now he calls with regular updates on the losing status of his team. If they lost, we all cheer. If they won, we frown and grumble.  He can count on us.

His team lost twice this week. He's happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment