Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Too Bad

"You know what is too bad about me?" I asked Mike as we left the house on a rare opportunity to spend the evening doing whatever we wanted to do.
"This sounds like a trick question," he answered.
"With our location and our huge front yard, I could grow plants and sell them. I could probably run a very successful greenhouse."
"How is this bad?"
"I don't like to grow stuff. That is what is too bad about me."
"So you brought this whole conversation up just to let me know how you could be making us a lot of money but you aren't?"
"I guess that is another thing that is too bad about me."

"Don't forget about the parents meeting this Tuesday," I told Mike later that evening.
"I didn't know about a parents meeting,"Mike said.
"I told you about it on Sunday."
"I don't think you did."
"Yes, I did. I remember the exact conversation word for word. You were wearing your blue shirt and we were at HyVee in the dairy section."
"You know what is too bad about you?"

I think I'm going to regret bringing that phrase into our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment