Monday, April 8, 2013

Sense of Humor

Some families go to exciting, exotic places for spring break. We went to the Ozarks in Missouri where it rained and snowed the entire time. We chose to go there because it was cheap. For obvious reasons. During those four days we watched more movies and played more games than we will from now till Christmas.

After a particularly rowdy card game one evening, Emery was staring at me as if she was trying to solve a mystery.

"Is something wrong, Honey?" I asked, smoothing her golden hair.
"You were really funny tonight," she answered, bewildered.
"Um, thanks?" 
"No, it's just that you were really funny."
"Um, thank you?" 
"I've just never really thought you were funny."
"Maybe you just don't get my humor sometimes."
"People have always told me that you are really funny," she explained, "but I have always thought that they must have a really dull sense of humor."

Thanks for making that perfectly clear, Sweet Honey Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment