Thursday, April 18, 2013

Farm Folk

It happened. We are farm folk.

I apparently lost all control awhile back, and now baby chickens live in my bathroom. We started with 10, but now we have 9 because we also have a chicken-loving husky. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't my idea.

Nine baby chicks in my bathroom wasn't enough though, so my husband decided to build a chicken coop. I thought he was going to build a small, safe place for the baby chicks to live. What he did instead, though, is built a mammoth chicken mansion and filled it with grown-up, pecking, clucking chickens.

"Well," I sighed when I saw it, "at least the baby chicks will finally be out of my bathroom, and I can stop guarding them from Arrow all the time."
"Oh," he mumbled, "actually the baby chicks can't live out here."
"They can't?"
"No. The big ones will end up killing the little ones if we mix them."
"So, where are they going to live?"

They are in my bathroom. I'm guarding them.

No comments:

Post a Comment