Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Just Stop

The Hintz family has had a rough week. Instead of attending her prom, Makenna had her wisdom teeth pulled. Her face swelled up like a helium balloon, and she threw up for two days straight. Then she had to be treated for dry sockets, which is the worst thing I've ever watched happen.

Josiah broke his hand during a rugby game and is out for the rest of the rugby season. That doesn't bother him nearly as much as not being able to drum until his cast is off. The boy who drums on the countertop, his dinner plate, and when all drummable surfaces have been removed, his chest, is no longer able to drum. He may explode.

Even more disconcerting though, I have to write his homework for him. His handwriting is barely legible under the best of circumstances, so having him write with his left hand is laughable. I now get to spend my evenings drawing wavy physics graphs, writing in Latin, and writing complicated trig equations. I don't understand a single thing.

Hoping the madness was settling down, I went to the gym and enjoyed a stress reducing workout after all the kids left for school. When I was done, I noticed I had a text on my phone. It was from Josiah, which is not a good sign since he was at school. I unlocked my phone and read, "The plastic part of my headphone came off in my ear and I can't get it out."

I have just one thing to say to my kids.

STOP IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment