Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Getting Disney

Five kittens were born to us last Friday. They are black and dark gray striped and one is all black with a white belly and paws. One has only three legs. Mama Cat is kind enough to let us hold them as often as we like, which is often indeed.

After the birth, I cleaned up because, although kittens are cute, the the birthing of kittens is horribly gross. Seriously. Nature is gross. So I cleaned up and settled the kittens into a box covered with a soft towel. Then Mama Cat hopped in and comforted her babies. They climbed all over her and fell asleep in crazy positions. I heard heavy breathing and noticed my two dogs - noses pressed against the glass on the other side of the door. Then the obvious father jumped into the widow sill and peered at his kittens through the screen, meowing softly.

It was a Disney moment.

I'm not going to get anything productive done. Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment