Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Not Normal Cat

Awhile back I stumbled across a cat who was not quite normal. Right away I noticed that she doesn't really use her front right paw. It looks fine and all, but she chooses not to use it. Also, her purr is a bit messed up. It kind of sounds like a lawnmower that doesn't run but tries to. And she is so skinny she looks like string covered in fur. But, best of all, she is polydactyl, which is a fancy way of saying that she has extra toes on her paws. How could I not love her immediately? Extra. Toes.

I let her live in my yard since Makenna transforms into a red-faced mess when cats are around. I fed the skinny, limping cat with extra toes, and I pet her and talked to her and named her Meeka. She is adorable.

I thought I was doing a great job of nursing her to health because her string body began to look more like a rope. Then it looked like a tree branch, and I patted myself on the back. Then it began to look like she had swallowed a balloon, and I realized she was full of kittens. Now she looks like her belly might explode, and she limps around just looking miserable. So I declared that the screened-in porch is hers, and she is queen. She has blankets and food and water, and she sits atop her pillow purring her messed up purr.

Things are about to get exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment