Monday, September 15, 2014

Cute Overload

There is a pile of kittens on my porch. Kittens are a vortex of time. Even walking near them sucks hours out of my day. I try to resist their tiny meows and their fluffy cuddles, but cuteness is actually addictive. I find myself holding them all in my lap even though I have no memory of walking to them. I tell myself to be strong, but, before I know it, I am kissing their fuzzy heads.

I think that the cuteness is exponentially magnified relative to the amount of kittens there are. I have five. One has three legs, so his cute factor equals twelve kittens. He is just learning to walk, and he does most of it on his face. It is heart wrenching, and I cannot stop trying to help him.

You can try to ignore the pull but you will fail. You will wonder how they are, if they are okay, if they have changed overnight, and once you make eye contact the day is wasted. They have you.

This is why I have given up trying to accomplish anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment