Monday, March 24, 2014

Oh Dear.

"Are we concerned about Drake's habit of climbing things?" I asked Mike as we waited for our table at the restaurant. We had taken the kids on a short getaway in the Ozarks for spring break, and the day was finally sunny so we opted to wait outside.
"Should we be?"
"Well, it seems dangerous."
"Kids like to climb. It's normal."
"Yeah, but I saw a picture on Instagram of him at the top of a flag pole."
"How did he climb a flag pole?"
"With his incredible arm strength and low body fat."
"Impressive."
"He also told me that he climbed all the elementary schools in West Des Moines one night last week."
"He'll get in trouble if he gets caught doing that."
"He might also get hurt."
"Mom!" Drake shouted. "Look!"
I looked around but couldn't see him anywhere.
"Where are you?" I shouted.
"Look up," his voice said from the rafters of an antique store Mike and I were walking past.
"I'm beginning to see what you mean," Mike said.


No comments:

Post a Comment