Monday, August 5, 2013

I Feel Better Now

You know how nice people notice the things that might embarrass someone and then pretend to have that same struggle so the other person feels better? Like when you trip and then someone else mentions how they nearly tripped over the same thing? My husband did that for me.

When I attempted to mow for him as a surprise and, instead, I crashed the mower into the go-kart damaging both, I felt bad. But then Mike totally redeemed me!

"I need the keys to the truck!" Mike hollared at me as I sat in the grass playing with the new kittens whose adorableness I find very distracting.
"What's wrong?" I asked, alarmed at his urgency.
"The mower is in the pond!"
"What? How did that happen?"
"I was mowing on the bank and just got too close I guess. It started to slide, and I couldn't do anything to stop it." He tore off in the truck not even bothering with the driveway, but just driving straight over the grass toward the pond in the backyard.

And it worked. I do feel a lot better about my mowing fiasco now.

No comments:

Post a Comment