Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Walmart Talk

I am not making this story up. I wish I were.

When my kids prepare to go to camp, a serious Walmart trip is necessary. Which is why I was pushing my loaded cart down the shampoo isle scanning the shelves for small, camp-sized bottles of Prell. I passed a woman in a Walmart uniform as she loaded conditioner onto the shelves, and I steered my cart to the side of the aisle.

"Excuse me," a deep, male voice behind me addressed the conditioner stocker, "where would I find the Preparation H?"
"Triste," she said in her heavily accented voice, "que?"
"Preparation H," he said louder. "Where is it?"
"Um," she hesitated, "I no understand. So sorry. What is it?"
"Preparation H," he enunciated slowly.
"No hablan. I not hear of this thing. What is it to be used for?"
AND THEN HE TOLD HER.
And I was wishing that I also could not understand English.

Seriously, are there cameras around recording this stuff?
BECAUSE THIS IS NOT NORMAL.



No comments:

Post a Comment