Monday, February 4, 2013

Collar Magic

Our dog has a tendency to run like the wind. He runs faster than any human can think about running. And, because he was built to pull heavy sleds, he escapes our grip with just a tiny effort. In the past we have worried that he would run away and we would never see him again, so we bought him cute name tags to put on his collar. Then he destroyed the cute name tags. Three times. Finally, I accepted that he did not appreciate cute name tags.

Then we tried to make sure he was always on a leash. This lead to one broken ankle, seven eaten, ripped or destroyed leashes, and a lot of howling. When I finally stopped howling, I stumbled upon a genius solution. I logged onto a website and ordered that naughty dog a collar with his name and my number stitched into it. Genius.

This is what he looks like with his new collar on.

Yeah.

You can't see it.

Not at all.

But I know it's there.

And that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment