Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Growing Up

It is hard, when raising kids, to know all the details you may need to explain to them. Like when Makenna was four and I asked her, "Why did you color all over your brother's head?" and she told me, "Because you never told me not to." Or when I was leaving the kids with a babysitter and I overheard Drake tell her, "I will never remember your name because I don't love you." Or when Josiah needed bigger shoes and asked me, "How do I upgrade these to the next level?" I guess some things just don't get addressed in the Here's How To Behave speech.

So, I wasn't surprised when it happened again, but it was a bit entertaining when Emery told me, "I think I am growing up and getting fat because lately sometimes when I put my jeans on or take them off I have to unbutton them." I didn't tell her that most Americans have to grease their bodies and jump into their jeans off of a roof. She will figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment