Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fluffy Nap




When it is a cold, rainy, gray day, I look at my fluffy Husky and think only one thought. Nap. So I decided to teach my puppy to keep me warm with his massive amounts of fur while I snuggled myself into a zombie-coma. I put him in my bedroom and closed the door anticipating cozy, drifting, dreams.

I'm not sure why I thought this would work. He is not the kind of dog who sleeps in beds, mostly due to his humongousness.

I laid on my bed and assumed he would jump up there with me. But what he did was double pounce me in the face with both of his massive front paws, one lickity split after the other. Immediately after that move, he ninja jumped onto my chest and sat down. This seriously hampered my inhaling, a part of my routine I usually take quite for granted.

Then I thought that if I could get him to lay on the bed with his warm fur pressed against my back, it would feel wonderful. After a fair bit of tugging and shouting commands he has never heard before, I finally managed to arrange him into an ideal position with his back against mine. With a smile on my face, I snuggled down for a blissful slumber, when he owled his neck completely backwards and bit my hair. Hair has no nerves and should not hurt. Turns out, however, that there is nothing less restful than when your hair becomes a dog's chew toy.

I flailed my arms in protest of the hair move he was pulling on me, but, since they were still under a blanket, he must have thought a homeless squirrel lived under that blanket. I think he was determined to smash that homeless squirrel to the thickness of a pancake and then swallow it whole. Apparently screaming only intensifies a dog's determination to succeed in his project.

So, I am still tired. But not really very cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment