Thursday, April 7, 2011

Strange Things Are Afoot

When you look around and notice what's going on, do you wonder how everything got so strange? There is this concept called normal, but I've rarely seen proof that it does indeed exist. Upon making a decision, we all set in our minds how the course of events should play out. We envision this should, accept it and welcome it. We then move forward only to discover that nothing works out as it should, and everything ends up either a little or a lot off the mark. We are then left with what is instead of what should be.  


When I was in high school, I watched a widely mocked movie that I loved called Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. I loved this movie because it was simple and funny. There was a scene in that movie where Bill and Ted are in the parking lot of the Circle K and suddenly a telephone booth from the future thumps loudly onto the concrete and a man exits and begins speaking to them. Ted looks at Bill and profoundly says, "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K."  


Silly as it may be, this sentence rang true for me and became somewhat of a slogan I use often. Strange things are always happening, and, when they do, I feel the need to tell the story. I believe strange things, whether good or bad, should be noticed and told. So, here we go because strange things are afoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment