Monday, December 16, 2013

Probably Pizza

"This day has been crazy!" I told Mike on the phone.
"I know. I've had a hard day too."
"I haven't even started cooking supper, so we will be eating late."
"I'm super hungry though."
"Yeah, the kids will be too."
"Let's just order pizza."
"Yeah!! I'll make the phone call!"

So I told my phone to find the phone number for Casey's. It did, and I called in our order. Three minutes later Mike drove into the driveway.

"You're home already?" I asked.
"I was about to drop all this brush off in our burn pile. Then I'll go get the pizza."
"I'll go with you," I said, hopping up into his huge truck while he unloaded the back.

"Pizza for Hintz," Mike told the guy at Casey's when we walked in.
"We don't have a pizza for that name."
"But I called it in half an hour ago," I explained.
"Are you sure you called this location?"
"This is the location we always go to."
"Do you know what number you dialed?"
"No. I just told my phone to find the number, and it did. That is the number I called."
"Why don't you just look on your recently called list and see what number you called?" the pizza guy suggested. "I can tell the location by the number."
"I left my phone at home."

And that began our pizza scavenger hunt around town to find our supper. It was found. It was not near our house. Or anywhere we ever go. It was cold. It was late. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment