Sunday, December 9, 2012

Wow.


The ocean had it's way with me today.

My gypsy parents, who sold all their belongings in order to spontaneously travel the earth, have set up camp for three weeks in sunny Florida. What else could I do but show up and enjoy the sunshine with them? I'm a good daughter.

So, immediately upon waking in our tropical paradise, Mike and I donned our swimsuits and gave ourselves to the waves. I spent a large part of the day upside down with my feet bobbing in the crashing waves and my head pounding into the sand. After a few hours, the ocean decided it was done with me and spit me unceremoniously upon the sandy beach.

This is where it gets bad.

Since the ocean was done with me, I headed to the pool to find my dad. My balance was gone due to a morning spent being tossed like I was in a washer set to sturdy, so I stumbled drunkenly as I searched.  My glasses were back in the room, so I squinted trying to locate my dad, and finally spotted his baseball hat and headed to his table.

Stumbling and squinting, and with a nest of sandy hair erupting in all directions, I squinted directly at my dad and said, "Wow!"

But, the man I was wowing was not my dad. Just a guy in a hat.

I just stumbled away.



No comments:

Post a Comment