Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Never Do That Again

"Mom!" Makenna whisper-screamed across my phone. "I hear people walking around in the house!"
"Do you think someone is breaking in?" I asked.
"I don't know. I've been home alone all night, but now I hear people walking around. It sounds like big people. I'm scared!"
"Get Arrow with you and remember your self-defense training," I instructed as I motioned for Mike to call 911. With my heart racing, I reassured Makenna that the police could be there in a matter of minutes. "Do you hear talking? Do you think more than one person is there?" I asked.
"I don't hear talking," she whispered, "but it sounds loud, like a really large man walking around."
"Do you have a knife or something you can grab?"
"Oh! Nevermind!" Makenna spoke loudly. "It was just Nairobi. I forgot she was upstairs."

Yeah. So the dog is on a diet. 

4 comments:

  1. Epic Husky Dog Fail. This time not from the husky. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fatty fatty no friends, poor Nairobi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She gets a bad rap, but, honestly, she usually brings it on herself!

      Delete