Monday, October 22, 2012

Phone Funny

I love being able to tell my fancy phone things to do. I say to it, "Remind me to pick Emery up from school," and BOOM - Emery gets to go home. Okay, it's not that I would forget Emery. But I have most definitely been guilty of forgetting things like doctor's appointment, mailing letters, and making certain phone calls. Now my phone helps me remember all these important things.

Recently my phone helped me find a self-defense class and register for it. It was Makenna's idea. She looked at herself and realized that her muscles were not impressive. Then she looked at the wide world around her and decided that she could do with some defense training. Then she suggested that I find a class and sign the both of us up for it because it just makes good sense.

My phone found that the Windsor Heights Police Department was offering just such a class and that I could register for it by stopping at the city hall and paying twenty-five dollars. I knew that the chances were very slim that I would remember to actually stop by city hall and do such a thing, so I enlisted the help of my phone to remind me.

The next day, promptly at 9:00 A.M., I received a reminder stating, "Go to buy the City Hall."

I love my phone. It thinks I'm that important.

No comments:

Post a Comment