Monday, April 21, 2014

Locationally Challenged

"Makenna, where have you been?" I asked my daughter as she walked into the kitchen rubbing her eyes. "I've been calling for you."
"I climbed out my bedroom window and fell asleep on the roof," she answered.
"Silly me. I didn't think to look for you there."
"It was really warm up there," she explained, as if that answered all my questions.
"Well, do you know where Emery is? It is almost time for supper."
"Yeah, she is sitting on top of the chicken coop reading a book."
"Well, I know that Josiah is at a band practice at school, but I'm almost afraid to ask if you know where Drake is."
"Drake is on the top of the living room chair."
"You mean is is sitting in the chair?"
"No, he's on the top of it - gymnastic like."

And he was.















Why can't anybody be in a reasonable location?



No comments:

Post a Comment