Monday, November 12, 2012

Busted

I am a person of science. I graduated with a degree in science, and I lean heavily toward logic and away from emotion. Over time I have had to tame the blunt manner in which I speak to people, and I have made great efforts to be more sensitive.

How can a highly compartmentalized mind, such as mine, bend around such nebulous ideas as thoughtfulness? By developing strategies.

I tried to read some books on communication, but I had to read the section addressed to men. I was not a fan of that.

Then I stumbled upon a genius idea - my phone. I have had some wild experiences with my phone, but now she is one of my best friends. She was only a handy device until I discovered the "remind me" feature. Not only will she remind me of important appointments, she will also remind me to ask important questions, like, "Remind me to ask Drake what kind of shoes he needs for show choir."


Even better, she has turned me into a thoughtful person. She reminds me to wish friends happy birthday, and she reminds me to send cards in the mail. There is, however, a con to this list of pros.

"Do you want me to answer your phone," Mike asked me.
"Sure."
"Oh, it's not a phone call; it's a reminder," Mike discovered.
"Will you read it to me?"
"Call your husband and tell him you love him," Mike read from my phone screen. "Wait, what is that? Did you set yourself a reminder to call me and tell me you love me?"
"Maybe," I mumbled.
"AND YOU STILL NEVER CALL?"

Doh.

2 comments:

  1. You're hilarious! Sounds like something I would do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! It was working pretty good - at least from my point of view;)

      Delete